A monetary grant/scholarship for graduating home school seniors in the Kansas City Metro area.
What Is It?
What is the Passion Fund?
The Passion Fund is an annual award given to a select number of Kansas City area home school graduates. It is meant to motivate, not just the award recipients, but also the entire home school community toward pursuing a Godly purpose. Parents home school their children to not only make a difference in their child’s life, but with the hope that their child will in turn make a difference in the world. The Passion Fund is there to encourage families toward that goal.
How Does the Passion Fund Work?
- Only graduating seniors with at least a three-year membership in Families for Home Education (or an equivalent commitment to home schooling) are eligible.
- Providing suitable applicants are found worthy, one award will be granted to a graduating senior at the FHE graduation ceremony.
- Funds may be used for college scholarships or as grants for entrepreneurial/ministry pursuits.
- The amount for each award is $1000 with a renewable $1000 amount to be awarded annually for an additional three years.
- Criteria for the award and its renewal is based on the worthiness and achievability of the pursuit. In other words sell us on your passion and tell us how you plan to accomplish it.
- The renewable award is determined by how well you are continuing to pursue your passion, or what you are doing if your passion has evolved.
- Essays (or other types of presentation) describing your passion and how you will achieve it will be required as well as a listing of your accomplishments and service.
- Application deadline is February 28th, the award winner will be selected by April 15th, and will be announced at FHE graduation ceremony.
- Immediate family members of the selection committee are not eligible.
- For any questions, go to our FAQ page … or for more specific information, go to our Contact page.